Subscribe to our Mailing List

Get the latest posts right in your inbox!

Finally Updating!

July 15, 2016 No Comments

Finally Updating!

July 15, 2016 No Comments

It’s crazy how fast the last few weeks have flown by. I cannot believe I’m almost in my 3rd trimester and that this little guy will be here in less than 100 days. What in the world? Where does the time go? I’ve been flaky and distracted with the billion other things going on, but finally forced myself to sit down and update.

How far along: Twenty-six weeks and 5 days.

Gender: Boy!

Weight gain: About 8-9 lbs.

Maternity clothes: Yes!

Stretch marks: So far none that I can see.

Belly button in or out: In.

Sleep: Finally found a system that sort of works, but requires a lot of setup. I basically have two pregnancy wedges, one under my belly and one under my back. I’ve also added a pillow between my legs, which helps with some of the more recent pains I’ve been dealing with. Even with this, I’m getting up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom, and waking up almost every hour to switch sides. I guess this is just my body preparing me for the future!

Best moment this week: Even though it was an impromptu visit, getting to see the baby on an ultrasound again. It had been about 4 weeks, I was definitely surprised to see how much he’s grown and how big he is.

Worst moment this week: Lots of new aches and pains, I had a cramping incident Monday night and had to go in to see my OBGYN on Tuesday. Everything was fine, I’m just adjusting to the new normal.

Miss anything: Nothing really.

Movement: Yes, lots of movement.

Cravings: Ice cream and French fries.

Queasy or sick: Nope!

Looking forward to: Our 3D/4D ultrasound appointment on July 27th!


I did take my glucose test at the end of June and failed the 1 hour. That freaked me out quite a bit, but my doctor assured me that she was not worried about me having gestational diabetes, especially since I have really only gained about 8 lbs. I did have to go in the next morning, after fasting for 12 hours, and take the 3 hour test. Luckily I passed the first 2 blood draws, so I didn’t have to stay the entire time. I felt like garbage the rest of the day, which apparently is normal, but I wasn’t really expecting it. Luckily, I do not have GD, so I am very thankful for that and thankful that the test is over.

We’re making progress on getting things ready for baby to make his appearance, I will post another update soon with the nursery progress! All of the furniture for the room has been purchased, painting has started, so all should be done in the next few weeks. I also finished registering, finally. I don’t know if I got carried away or what, but it’s a pretty lengthy registry. I was trying to be thorough!

I will make sure to post another update soon! (Hopefully at the beginning of next week!)


No Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Hi there!

I'm Michelle. A twenty-something (almost thirty!) SAHM to my #ivfbaby (now a full-blown toddler). Married to my soulmate. Living in the 'burbs with the husband, toddler + 3 furbabies. Expecting #ivfbaby number 2 in June 2019. I love Jesus, all things tech, oversharing & helping others navigate life's ups and downs. Fluent in sarcasm + sass. Read More

Love, Michelle

Subscribe & Follow

Subscribe to Our Mailing List

Get the latests posts right in your inbox!

Popular Topics

Latest Posts

Twitter Feed